7/21/12

Liebster Award! Woo Hoo!

Just this Wednesday, I received the sweetest compliment from a blogger that really encourages me to keep on keeping on. Mrs. Katzman from Mrs. Katzman's Kinder Cubs and Mrs. McElveen from Whooo Loves Kindergarten? awarded me the Liebster Award! Mrs. McElveen doesn't have a blog button, but her blog is still precious! I've been seeing this award floating around the blogosphere lately, but didn't think I'd have the honor of receiving it. Thank you so much, my dear friends! You are wonderful! Oh, and you should go check them out if you haven't. :)

 

This award is named for the German word "Liebster," which translates to "beloved" or "favorite", and is given to a "new, up and coming blogger."

Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you.
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to at least 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.

AND the award goes to.... (drum-roll pleeeease!):





Mrs. Hodge and
Her Kindergarten Kids





Patterson's Porch


The Resource Room Teacher


The Teacher Garden
Liv to Teach

Liv to Teach

I'm also linking up to the Newbie Bloggers Blog Hop! I love this idea, and I'm excited to participate.


Here are my responses to the questions:

1.  What state you are in? Texas (All hail the mighty state!)
2.  Your current teaching position: Kindergarten teacher (and super excited!)
3.  Your teaching experience: I've gone through student teaching and I tutored a lot. This will be my first year of teaching and I can't wait to begin this journey.
4.  When you started blogging: The middle of May, and I don't regret it at all!
5.  Share a blogging tip/Blogging resource: Honestly, I learned so much from Teaching Blog Traffic School! I watched all the videos and I got to meet some fantastic bloggers who've helped me grow and expand. I love the community provided there! If you haven't checked it out, I really highly recommend it to you! (Seriously.) I also learned a lot about social media etiquette, how to host a good linky party, and what to do with Google+! Charity is great and I love how much time she puts in to help newbie bloggers get on their feet. Click the picture below to learn more about it through my referral!
 
 
I hope you enjoyed reading my responses! Thanks for being awesome!

What do you love about teaching blogs?

 

 

15 comments:

  1. Just found you through the blog hop (which I'm going to have to link up with now since I just started blogging in June) and am your newest follower!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness
    Come join my 500 Follower Giveaway that ends tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am your newest follower. Love your giraffe heart. It is my favorite animal, love teaching K and that is where I got the name Kinderaffe!

    Come visit my blog.

    Kinderaffe2ndgraders.blogspot.com

    Taught k for 7yrs then 2nd for 5and now going back to K!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you joined my first blog hop! You are the second to mention the Teaching Blog Traffic School...I'll have to check it out! Thanks!

    Grade Three is the Place for Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I teach Kindergarten too! Looking forward to checking out your blog, thanks for linking up!
    -Your newest follower, Carol
    Mrs. Cobb's Kinder Sprouts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be my first year teaching Kindergarten as well :) I'm following you!

    http://mspasquakinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, congrats on the award! You completely deserve it! You're blog is an awesome resource.

    Thank you so much for the award! I'm honored =) I'm so happy to have met you through blogging. Thanks for all of your help!

    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the award, girl! :)

    I didn't know you were in Texas; I am, too! What part of the state are you in? Reading some of your experience, you sound a lot like me. I started in kindergarten with my student teaching and have done a LOT of tutoring since high school. It's a great way to keep teaching, even if you don't have an "official job."

    My favorite parts of teaching-blog-hopping are 1) connecting with other educators who are as excited as I am about my job, and 2) getting sooo many incredible and innovative ideas. Welcome to the bloggy world, my friend. <3

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog! I'm always on the lookout for other K blogs to follow. I think it's a great way to share and learn new ideas. Have a great day!

    Debbie :-)
    K is for Kinderrific

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to have found your blog through the linky party. I also teach Kindergarten. Looking forward to hearing all the great things your first year teaching brings. :)

    Your newest follower,
    Catherine
    Kinder Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found you through the blog hop! I just HAD to follow another Mrs. A from Texas! :) I'd love for you to come take a look at my blog!

    Stephanie
    Mrs. A's Room

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I have found so many teachers from Texas through this blog hop! :) I am your newest follower.
    Leah
    Learning 4 Keeps

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I found your blog through the blog hop:) I am now a follower of yours. I am from the great state of Texas too. If you get a chance, please stop by and visit my blog.
    ~Carole
    kindercarole

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love finding all these Texas Teachers!! :) I am your newest follower, swing by and visit when you can!

    Lauren
    Miss Augustine's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found you through another blog. Come visit us sometime. Your newest follower, Stephanie
    http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found you through the blog hop. Your animal print/jungle theme caught my eye. I too love all things animal print! I am you newest follower! Come stop by my blog if you get a chance.

    Mrs.G's Kindergarten in Heels

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a sweet message! I love reading your thoughts! :)